History/Heritage - CE
HST 026 – GENERALS NORTH AND SOUTH
1. discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the ten selected generals,
2. analyze their war records as to their professional abilities as a soldier, and
3. identify their impact on the victory or defeat of their respective cause.
HST 028 – MACARTHUR PACIFIC WAR COMMANDR
1. discuss the personalities and highlights of MacArthur¿s major commanders,
2. analyze the roles of these men in the victories and defeats of the Southwest Pacific, and
3. identify the highlights and lowlights of their relationship with MacArthur.
HST 029 – Decisive Battles on the Eastern Front 1941-1945
Examine five of the major battles and campaigns on the Eastern Front from June 1941 to May, 1945 between the Russians and the Germans: The German Invasion of Russia, The Battle of Stalingrad, The Battle of Kursk, The Russian Offensive of 1944 and The Battle for Berlin.
1. discuss the battles, leaders, strategy and tactics of these campaigns;
2. analyze the reasons why victory favored one side over the other side; and
3. identify German and Russian commanders, their plans of campaign, and the strategy and tactics involved.