For the purposes of this policy, The Community College of Baltimore County has used the following definitions of terms.
a. College – The CCBC Catonsville, Dundalk, and Essex Campuses, including off-campus sites and our Continuing Education Division.
b. College Official is:
A person employed by The Community College of Baltimore County in an administrative, supervisory, academic or research, or support staff position.
A person appointed to the Board of Trustees.
A person employed by or acting as an agent of the College under a contract with The Community College of Baltimore County.
c. Educational Records – any record in any medium, including but not limited to handwriting, disk, print, tape, film, or other medium maintained by The Community College of Baltimore County or an agent of the College which is directly related to a student, except:
(1) A personal record kept by a College official if it is kept in the sole possession of the maker of the record and used solely as a memory aid by the maker.
(2) Records created and maintained by The Community College of Baltimore County Campus Security Unit for law enforcement purposes.
(3) An employment record of an individual whose employment is not contingent on student status.
(4) Records made or maintained by a physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, or other recognized professional or paraprofessional if the records are used only for treatment of a student and made available only to those persons providing the treatment.
(5) Alumni records which contain information about a student after he or she is no longer in attendance at The Community College of Baltimore County and which do not relate to the person as a student.
d. FERPA – Means the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
e.Record – Shall mean educational records.
f. Record Custodian – CCBC College Registrar or their designee. With respect to the Division of Continuing Education, the Records Custodian shall be the Director of Records.
g. Student – Any person who attends or has attended The Community College of Baltimore County, Catonsville, Dundalk, Essex Campus